The Frog Scientist controversy
Dr. Tyrone Hayes, star of THE FROG SCIENTIST, is the subject of “A Valuable Reputation”, a recent New Yorker article by Rachel Aziz. When Dr. Hayes spoke out against atrazine, a pesticide made by Syngenta, the company began a campaign to discredit Dr. Hayes that went well beyond disputing his scientific findings. Way, WAY beyond. An NPR interview with Rachel Aziz provides a short introduction. The revelations are stunning. Teachers will find much here to discuss with upper middle school and high school students.
by Pamela Turner
About Pamela Turner
Pamela S. Turner lives in Oakland, California with her children and her husband. She has a B.A. in social science from UCAL-Irvine and a Master’s of public health from UCAL-Berkeley. She has written numerous books for young readers, including Hachiko and the Scientists in the Field titles Gorilla Doctors: Saving Endangered Great Apes, The Frog Scientist, Project Seahorse, The Dolphins of Shark Bay and her forthcoming work, Crow Smarts. Visit her website at pamelasturner.com.
- Follow Along As We Storm Chase In Tornado Alley
- Is It Tornado Season Where You Live?
- Ultima Journey Update
- Fall 2018 Osprey Update!
- All Hands on Deck to Support the Southern Residents
- Ospreys in Missoula: Spring 2018 Update
- SLJ Interview Gives Readers a Behind the Scenes Look
- Crows Aren’t the Only Smart Birds in Town
- Big News for Scientist in the Field Scott Dowd
- NEW RESOURCE FOR STRAIGHT TALK ABOUT GLOBAL WARMING