It’s National Park Week!
This is a great week to hit the trails, climb a cliff, or visit a site where history was made. Why? April 16-24 is National Park Week! It’s a presidentially proclaimed celebration of our national heritage. National parks are some of the most treasured places on the continent. You can discover a national park near you at findyourpark.com. There are extra activities planned for the week all across the nation, including Junior Ranger days and citizen science projects. Admission is free all week, too!
You can take a virtual trip to Yellowstone, Saguaro, and Great Smoky Mountains National Parks in the pages of PARK SCIENTISTS: Gila Monsters, Geysers, and Grizzly Bears in America’s Own Backyard. Tag along with scientists tracking gila monsters, collaring bears, measuring cacti, and studying fireflies. Get a sneak peek by watching the Park Scientists book trailer on YouTube!
by Mary Kay Carson
- Follow Along As We Storm Chase In Tornado Alley
- Is It Tornado Season Where You Live?
- Ultima Journey Update
- Fall 2018 Osprey Update!
- All Hands on Deck to Support the Southern Residents
- Ospreys in Missoula: Spring 2018 Update
- SLJ Interview Gives Readers a Behind the Scenes Look
- Crows Aren’t the Only Smart Birds in Town
- Big News for Scientist in the Field Scott Dowd
- NEW RESOURCE FOR STRAIGHT TALK ABOUT GLOBAL WARMING