Follow Along As We Storm Chase In Tornado Alley
We’re going storm chasing this week! Myself and photographer Tom Uhlman will be tagging along with tornado scientists Robin Tanamachi, Dan Dawson, and their meteorology students May 25 to June 1. We’ll be blogging from the road all week, posting photos and videos—hopefully of tornadoes!
You can join the chase (virtually) by following along at www.stormchase2019.com.
Robin Tanamachi is the tornado researcher featured in The Tornado Scientist: Seeing Inside Severe Storms, my newest SITF book. It came out in March.
Hoping for stormy weather!
by Mary Kay Carson
About Mary Kay Carson
Mary Kay Carson and Tom Uhlman are the author and illustrator of Emi and the Rhino Scientist and The Bat Scientists. Mary Kay has written many books for children and Tom has been a freelance photographer for twenty years. They live in Cincinnati, Ohio, with their dog Ruby where they wait each summer evening for the bats to begin circling above their backyard pond. Tom also shot photographs for Eruption!, a Scientists in the Field book about volcanoes by Liz Rusch. Mary Kay and Tom’s upcoming Scientists in the Field book is Park Scientists: Gila Monsters, Geysers, and Grizzly Bears in America’s Own Backyard, which is about America’s National Parks.
- Follow Along As We Storm Chase In Tornado Alley
- Is It Tornado Season Where You Live?
- Ultima Journey Update
- Fall 2018 Osprey Update!
- All Hands on Deck to Support the Southern Residents
- Ospreys in Missoula: Spring 2018 Update
- SLJ Interview Gives Readers a Behind the Scenes Look
- Crows Aren’t the Only Smart Birds in Town
- Big News for Scientist in the Field Scott Dowd
- NEW RESOURCE FOR STRAIGHT TALK ABOUT GLOBAL WARMING