Congratulations to Pamela Turner and THE DOLPHINS OF SHARK BAY!
Pamela Turner’s newest Scientists in the Field book, The Dolphins of Shark Bay, was award a Golden Kite Award honor for nonfiction this week! This award is given annually by the Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators (SCBWI) to recognize excellence in children’s literature in the previous calendar year by an SCBWI member to author and illustrator winners in four categories: Fiction, Nonfiction, Picture Book Text, and Picture Book Illustration. Visit www.scbwi.org for more information!
Other accolades for The Dolphins of Shark Bay:
A National Science Teachers Association Outstanding Science Trade Book A School Library Journal Best Book of 2013 A Kirkus Best Book of 2013 A Junior Library Guild Selection
“The accessible and lyrical writing of Pamela S. Turner opens one’s eyes to the life style of scientists who spend lots of time outside, on the water and beaches of a beautiful part of our Earth, making discoveries about remarkable creatures. The Dolphins of Shark Bay is not just for children, but for anyone who still retains youthful curiosity about our world.”—The Huffington Post
by Erica Zappy
- Follow Along As We Storm Chase In Tornado Alley
- Is It Tornado Season Where You Live?
- Ultima Journey Update
- Fall 2018 Osprey Update!
- All Hands on Deck to Support the Southern Residents
- Ospreys in Missoula: Spring 2018 Update
- SLJ Interview Gives Readers a Behind the Scenes Look
- Crows Aren’t the Only Smart Birds in Town
- Big News for Scientist in the Field Scott Dowd
- NEW RESOURCE FOR STRAIGHT TALK ABOUT GLOBAL WARMING