Congrats are in order to Scientist in the Field author Sy Montgomery whose adult book The Soul of an Octopus: A Surprising Exploration into the Wonder of Consciousness was named a Nonfiction 2015 National Book Award Finalist.
In an interview with the National Book Foundation, Montgomery states, “My relationships with each individual octopus changed forever the way I understand what it means to think, to feel and to know.” For a deeper look at her research, be sure to check out her latest Scientist in the Field book, The Octopus Scientists: Exploring the Mind of a Mollusk, with photographs by Keith Ellenbogen. And once again, congratulations Sy Montgomery!
by Lily Kessinger
- Follow Along As We Storm Chase In Tornado Alley
- Is It Tornado Season Where You Live?
- Ultima Journey Update
- Fall 2018 Osprey Update!
- All Hands on Deck to Support the Southern Residents
- Ospreys in Missoula: Spring 2018 Update
- SLJ Interview Gives Readers a Behind the Scenes Look
- Crows Aren’t the Only Smart Birds in Town
- Big News for Scientist in the Field Scott Dowd
- NEW RESOURCE FOR STRAIGHT TALK ABOUT GLOBAL WARMING