Amazing, Chilling Video of Nature in Action
An osprey webcam on Hog Island, Maine, captured this amazing video. If you’re an osprey fan, you’ll probably be sad. If you’re an eagle fan, you might cheer. But in nature, cheers and boos aren’t appropriate. Wild things do their best to survive and to carry their heritage on to the next generation. A meal for osprey chicks mean the death of a fish, and a meal for eagle chicks can mean the death of an osprey chick. That’s the truth of nature in action.
Be sure to read the text as well as view the video. You’ll see how the different behaviors of two of the chicks saved their lives, giving them a chance to carry on their family line.
by Dorothy Hinshaw Patent
- Follow Along As We Storm Chase In Tornado Alley
- Is It Tornado Season Where You Live?
- Ultima Journey Update
- Fall 2018 Osprey Update!
- All Hands on Deck to Support the Southern Residents
- Ospreys in Missoula: Spring 2018 Update
- SLJ Interview Gives Readers a Behind the Scenes Look
- Crows Aren’t the Only Smart Birds in Town
- Big News for Scientist in the Field Scott Dowd
- NEW RESOURCE FOR STRAIGHT TALK ABOUT GLOBAL WARMING