A Spider Story for Fans of STRONGER THAN STEEL
I wanted to share this story from Wired magazine about scientists doing some spider-hunting in the Amazon to find out what creature was making web-towers and why.
Do not read before bed!
by Andy Comins
About Andy Comins
Andy Comins is a professional photographer based out of California. His first book with Houghton Mifflin and the Scientists in the Field series was the acclaimed The Frog Scientist, which featured many breathtaking photographs of frogs of every color, shape, and size. Andy recently completed photographs for the upcoming Stronger than Steel, and he was given the opportunity to shoot photographs of both spiders and goats for this Scientists in the Field entry. You can visit him online at www.andycomins.com.
- Follow Along As We Storm Chase In Tornado Alley
- Is It Tornado Season Where You Live?
- Ultima Journey Update
- Fall 2018 Osprey Update!
- All Hands on Deck to Support the Southern Residents
- Ospreys in Missoula: Spring 2018 Update
- SLJ Interview Gives Readers a Behind the Scenes Look
- Crows Aren’t the Only Smart Birds in Town
- Big News for Scientist in the Field Scott Dowd
- NEW RESOURCE FOR STRAIGHT TALK ABOUT GLOBAL WARMING